Even though Christmas may seem far away, its actually right around the corner! Like lots of other people I tend to push off shopping until last minute, whereas this year I made a goal that I would finish of Christmas shopping by the first week of December (may not happen but its a nice goal). The hardest part of Christmas shopping is the fact that you have no idea what to get for others, going asking around for ideas; at the same time you want to keep the presents as much affordable as possible (We are college students….). Here are some Inexpensive Christmas Gifts:
- Charming Bracelets
- Pajama set
- Make a frame with different pictures
- Scarf sets
- Tickets to a concert
- Charms for Pandora bracelets
- Kitchen appliances
- New Music CD
- Beauty supplies
- Cologne for men
- Go to a restaurant with your significant other
- Go on a skiing trip with friends
- Buy a book series
- Go on a get away vacation
There are many other Christmas shopping ideas, which also depend on the person that you are buying it for. The most important tip for shopping is to KEEP CALM! and do not stress over shopping and keep the presents affordable!
With finals weeks away, people tend to start worrying about grades and when or how they should start studying for finals. Here are some tips for studying!
– Review tests, quizzes and homework assignments
– Flash Cards
– Study Groups
– Explain the course material to a friend or roommate
– DO NOT Procrastinate
– Find a quiet place to study
– Get enough sleep
– Keep everything in perspective
10 things to remember on the day of your exam!
– Arrive Early
– Be awake for the test
– Eat a good breakfast
– Bring extra writing utensils
– Bring all essential test materials
– Go to the bathroom
– Wear comfortable clothes
– Bring any necessities
– Look over your notes
– Remember…it is just a test and don’t stress yourself out(:
As autumn is progressing and winter is around the corner, the seasons of illnesses will take a toll on everyone. Other than good hygiene, one way to protect yourself from contracting sicknesses is to get a flu-shot.
Thankfully, Benedictine University offers flu-shots to students. There are only certain days that’ll be offered until the end of October. You can get your flu-shots the Office of Health Services in Krasa Room 116 (first floor). It only costs $10.00 for students and $20.00 for faculty. That’s a great deal so be sure to take advantage of it. Here’s a list:
- Friday; October 24th from 10:00am – 12:00pm
- Monday; October 27th from 10:00am – 12:00pm
- Tuesday; October 28th from 10:00am – 12:00pm
- Wednesday; October 29th from 10:00am – 12:00pm
- Thursday; October 30th from 10:30am – 12:00pm
- Friday; October 31st from 9:30am – 11:30am
Stay healthy! 🙂
Finally at last! Basketball season is right around the corner! After last season many things changed and players shift from one team to another. Some become free agents and others start to play for teams that no one expected to see. The biggest unexpected move was when Lebron James decided to end his contract with Miami Heat and start playing again for his home town Cavaliers. With that change, Chicago Bulls also gained an advantage player, Pau Gasol. With his addition in the team every Chicago Bull fan (including myself) could not wait to see the duo of Gasol and Noah. When the pre-season started the anticipation of seeing these two great players together was over and something greater had started. The greatest game was Cavaliers vs. Bulls where we saw Derrick Rose scored 20 points in 13 minutes, making every Chicago Bull fan proud of his comeback in the game. Another big change was Deng getting traded into Miami Heat. This change was unexpected from many fans due to the fact that Chicago and Miami players always had some feud going on between each other. This season kicks off with San Antonio hosting Dallas. At the same time time our first game in Chicago is against the Cavaliers and Lebron James. With this match we are extra pumped to see what this season has to bring with many changes in the process. Personally I do not believe that Chicago is capable of winning it all but I believe that we can make it farther in the season then we have in the past years. Let’s Go Bulls! #Bullsnation!
On a college students budget, spending tons of money on costumes is not a good idea because you will only wear that costume one night. Which is why Pinterest should become your best friend this time of year! Pinterest has so many ideas! I will share some cheap, cute, and easy ones I found. Hope you find one you like!
Costumes for girls
- Minnie mouse: a black top, red skirt with white polka dots, minnie mouse ears and a black nose
- Barton Bellas: if you are a fan of pitch perfect and you and your friends or roommates need an easy costume this is super easy! All you need is blue matching skirts and cardigans or blazers, white tank top, a floral scarf, and heels.
- Audrey Hepburn: one of the easiest, a black dress, black gloves, pearl necklace, black sun glasses, a fake long cigarette.
- Three blind mice: black dress, black ears, black sun glasses, and a cane.
- Sun drop girl: Sun drop t shirt, jean shorts, red headband, and converse.
Costumes for guys
- Lumberjack: flanel, jeans, and a beard.
- Super hero: pretty much any t shirt of the super hero and jeans.
- Greaser: jeans, white t shirt, leather jacket, converse, and a comb with hair greased back.
- Farmer: Cowboy hat, boots, jeans, plaid shirt, belt with large buckle.
- Mario and Luigi: overalls, either a green or red shirt, and just buy either a Mario and Luigi hat.
Also, if you go to a halloween store, don’t forget to ask for student discounts or look up coupons online!