Mmmm, Fall. Such an alluring and breathtaking season; the trees are changing colors and leaves are softly blowing in the wind. The smell of pumpkin spice is coming from every girls coffee that walks by and the sweaters are finally being pulled off their hangers. Getting lost in the beautiful warm colors nature has to offer while listening to the the birds that enjoy 50 degree weather and, suddenly, ACHOO! Ahh, the sneezing filled, miserable runny nose packed 6 month long contagion infestation has begun!
No, I know Autumn is actually pretty great. But the probability of getting sick when the leaves change definitely goes up. Luckily, preventing the sniffles is easier than you thought!
1) Drink a lot of water! Not hard to do. Add some MiO if water gets boring.
2) Take vitamins. A multivit goes a long way. And hey, Flinstone vitamins are the bomb! Gummy vitamins are pretty great as well.
3) Sleep! 7 to 9 hours is ideal. Do this whenever possible. A Carnegie Mellon study has shown that less than 7 hours straight of sleep nearly triples the possibility of you getting a cold!
4) Chill out. Relax. Deep breaths, meditate, think happy thoughts, imagine being on a beach with sand between your toes and the sun beating down on you. Whatever you do to relax and stay stress-free, do it more often. Being stressed increases your chance of catching a cold!
5) Wash your hands often. Make sure to dry them thoroughly as well; damp hands are extremely more likely to spread bacteria!
6) I’ve mentioned taking a multivit, but Vitamin C can help make your cold be less severe and shorten the time you have the cold.
7) Last easy thing, workout! Sweat out those toxins. It takes a lot of motivation to get to the gym, but after the gym, your sinuses are finally clear!
Happy Fall 🙂