It’s officially fall (the most wonderful time of the year in my opinion)-the time of leaves changing colors, sweet smells of pumpkin and apple recipes baking, corn mazes, apple picking, and more! But more so, time to go out and enjoy it all! There are just so many fun fall activities to try, so here are some of my suggestions of things you could do this fall:
- Find a nearby apple orchard to pick apples at. It’s honestly a lot of fun if you’ve never done it, and most apple places have more to offer than just picking apples. For example, some places have corn mazes, apple cider and apple cider donuts, or offer other tasty treats inside little shops. Plus, its a great activity to do as a group. Going with others means more apples (and a way to split the costs), and means time to devote a day to baking to try out some apple recipes!
- Go out with a group and pick a pumpkin instead of just buying one from a local store or pumpkin stand. Just like apple orchards, there is usually more than just picking pumpkins when you go to a pumpkin patch, so it’s definitely worth trying out.
- Obviously, the next fun fall activity I’m going to suggest is carving a pumpkin. Carving pumpkins has been one of my favorite things to do in the fall since I was a kid. You can do so many different and creative things with your pumpkin (and if you’re not as creative you can always use the popular stencils they sell and you’re pumpkin will be top notch!). I personally get a lot of my inspiration from Pinterest. Since being in college, I have always carved pumpkins with my team. If you carve pumpkins in a group- you could make it a competition and vote on the best one, giving the winner baked goods or etc.
- Going along with pumpkin carving, you can save the seeds and bake them! There are all kinds of seasonings you can use to flavor seeds-going from sweet to salty. These are a very tasty treat, and I encourage you to give it a try if you haven’t before.
- While you’re baking the pumpkin seeds, you can set up a caramel apple area and make them with your friends. Have everyone chip in and before you know it you have apples, melted caramel, nuts, sprinkles, m and m’s and whatever else you love on you caramel apples!
- Watch a scary movie. After you make your caramel apples, you can sit down and eat them while watching a scary movie or Halloween movie (if you’re not into the scary movie thing).
- Have a Bake-off with your roommates! Decide on a type of dessert or food you are going to make, such a apple pie, and have each person make their own version of it. Then share your baked goods with your roommates and friends and vote on the best one.
- Go to a haunted corn maze or haunted house with your friends! I have been to both, and both have been a lot of fun! It’s especially fun if you go with someone who is easily scared, and if you happen to be that person…well it will be a horrifying type of fun for you!