College is very different from high school. You become more independent than you ever were before. With this new independence, comes more responsibility. This responsibility will be all your own! It’s up to you to keep your head above water and here’s a few tips on how:
- Go to Wal-Mart/Target/Walgreens/etc. and buy a planner with big slots for each individual day. Write everything down in it. This includes class homework, whether or not you went to class that day, work schedules, extra curricular meeting times, practice times, etc.
- Buy an individual binder for each class. Having an individual binder will keep you from getting class notes mixed up. They will also allow you to differentiate between class notes and homework notes.
- Write the class name, the room number, and the time/day the class meets on a sheet of paper. Put that sheet of paper on the front cover of the binder so that in case you lose it, it can be returned to you.
- Write the date on top of all your notes. A lot of professors will teach a new lesson (that will not be on the test) before you take a test. Keeping the date will help you not study material you do not need to know.
- Make a to-do list when you wake up.