Whether you work for a small mom and pop shop or a fortune 500 company, the chances of getting the annual holiday party invitation is likely! This time of the year brings colorful lights, baking cookies and the thought of attending yet another holiday party. You may be thinking, “why should I attend another one of these parties”?.
- Network with other colleagues. Don’t be the one to be glued to you +1. Get out and talk to others you usually don’t talk to.
- Addressing everyone, or mostly everyone at the party will help you seem more personable. You don’t have to like them, but speaking helps.
- Look well groomed! Dress your best and look presentable. No one wants to see your new holiday undies…just don’t
- Put your phone away!! No one will talk to you if you are constantly texting. It’s not a good look.
- If you are lucky enough to be 21, enjoy the free alcohol your company will be providing. But be careful how much you drink.
- Holiday parties are a good way to bring questions or concerns up to your boss. You never know, you may get that promotion!
- Enjoy yourself!! Try to make the best of the party!
- Don’t have too much to drink! Being drunk and stumbling all over is NEVER a good look.
- Avoid spreading rumors or revealing your secret office crush at the party.
- Try not to outstay your welcome at the party. If you feel the alcohol kicking in, its time to call a cab.
- Offering rides to the opposite sex may be a nice gesture, but after a few drinks it may seem a bit uncomfortable.
- Don’t all in sick the next morning. Managing your alcohol consumption is important in making sure you don’t look like the drunk of the party.