Benedictine can satisfy mostly all of your food needs, but it’s always a safe bet to keep a few munchies in your room for those unexpected occasions. Here is a list of college-friendly foods that I believe are the best to have lying around:
- Easy Mac! Just add water and microwave for the quickest lunch you can get when you’re on-the-go
- Craisins/Dried Fruit! It’s difficult to get your daily fruit intake on campus, so keeping dried fruit in your room (cranberries, apricots, pineapple) can satisfy your fruit needs without spoiling
- Baked Chips/Pretzels! I like these as an alternative to normal chips that can get to you if you eat too much of them. Veggie Chips are probably my favorite and you don’t have to feel guilty about them ( or gain the Freshman 15).
- Granola Bars! These are a must, especially for breakfast. It’s the perfect thing to get your energy for the day. Try to find ones with protein, fiber, vitamins, or all 3 so you get some nutritional benefits from them.
- Gummy Bears! So for the most part these have all been healthy, but everybody needs a little sweet fix. I recommend going to Costco or Sam’s Club and getting a huge tub of gummy bears (not to eat all at once) so you can always reward yourself for when you do well in school 🙂
- Canned Soups! These are good for those cold days or when you have that annoying cold. My personal favorite is the Campbell’s to go soups. It’s lunch in 1 minute!
- Gum/Mints! This is always important to have. Especially if you just ate anything with garlic or onions…
- Peanut Butter! Peanut Butter basically goes well on everything and it’s a great way to get protein in!
Obviously there are many other foods that would be great to have in your dorm, but these are just a few things to start with! Always have food in your room!