It is getting into that chilly, sniffly, chapped lip time of year and I bet you are starting to crave a yummy home cooked cup of soup. Unfortunately, now that we are at college mom is no longer here to have it waiting at home on the kitchen table. But yet we still yearn for that salty, herb-filled broth aroma in the air! So how are we going to get it is the real question? The cafeteria, although very tasty, is just not the same…. So here are some quick, easy, affordable, and delicious recipes for you to try out! I hope you get in the scoop for soup and give these recipes a shot!
Mama’s Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2-1/2 cups wide egg noodles
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- 12 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 cups diced, cooked chicken meat
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add egg noodles and oil.
- Boil for 8 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain, and rinse under cool running water.
- In a large saucepan, combine broth, salt, and poultry seasoning. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in celery and onion. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water together until cornstarch is completely dissolved. Gradually add to soup, stirring constantly.
- Stir in noodles and chicken, and heat through.
Chicken Vegetable with Orz0
- 1 14.5 oz. College Inn® Chicken Broth with Roasted Vegetable & Herbs
- 1/4 cup orzo
- 1/4 cup chicken finely chopped
1. In small saucepan, heat broth to boiling.
2. Stir in pasta and chicken.
3. Reduce heat; simmer 9 to 11 minutes until pasta is cooked.
Chicken Noodle with a Twist
- 1 can College Inn® Chicken Broth
- 3 bacon slices (chopped)
- 1 onion large (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 carrots grated
- 1-1/2 cups instant mashed potatoes
- 1 tsp. mustard
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups cheddar cheese shredded
1. In large sauce pot, cook bacon until crisp; remove and set aside. Drain drippings.
2. In same sauce pot, cook onion and garlic until tender. Add broth and carrots; cook 5 minutes.
3. Add potato, mustard and pepper, stirring to blend well.
4. Add milk and cheese.
5. Heat, stirring until cheese is melted. Do not boil.
6. Sprinkle each serving with reserved bacon.
Recipe Credit goes to:
PLEASE COMMENT WITH ANY OTHER YUMMY SOUP RECIPES YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE!