There are many clubs and organizations around school that you can get involved with. When you get involved at school you can benefit so much from it. Here are some benefits when you get involved at school.
- You can make new friends! When you come to a new school with new people it can be hard to find new friends. Getting involved at school such as joining a club can allow you to interact with people outside of class. This gives you the opportunity to make new friends even best friends!
- Looks great on resumes! When you get involved at school it shows that you are developing new skills besides just having book knowledge . For example, getting involved with clubs that contribute to community service can make your resume look great.
- Experience new things! Getting involved allows you to get out of your comfort zone and experience new things. After a long day burying your nose into textbooks you need something that will help you relieve stress and to just have fun!
- Getting involved can help you interact with professors. Professors are sponsors of many clubs. Being part of a club can allow a professor to get to know you better and to have a great relationship with them. This is always be a plus when you need a recommendation letter!
- Getting involved can allow you to develop career skills. There are numerous clubs that allow you to develop these skills. For example, AMSA- American Medical Student Association, helps you develop skills for when you become a medical student in the future. They will tell you what to prepare for on the M.C.A.T and have a speaker come in from medical school to talk about their experiences in med school.
Getting involved can help you in the long run. You can also gain great memories by getting involved at school.