Living on campus takes a lot of getting used to because it is usually everyone’s first time being on their own and being away from home. Make smart choices, be responsible, and have fun!
- Fill out the roommate survery.
- Talk with your roommate before moving on campus.
- Be outgoing.
- Make new friends.
- Manage your time.
- Keep up with assignments and grades.
- Hang out in the lounges to get to know people who live on your floor.
- Introduce yourself to your R.A. so you know who he/she is.
- Join clubs!
- Go to basement Krasa or library for quiet time for homework or to study.
- Go to your professor’s office hours for help.
- Go to basement Krasa for tutoring from students’.
- Go to free events sponsored by school; movie nights, mini-golf, laser tag.
- Participate in homecoming week events.
- Go to home game sporting events.
- Have school spirit!
- Room with a high school friend.
- Be shy.
- Eat late every night.
- Procrastinate on homework/papers/projects.
- Be scared to ask questions or for help.
- Speak up if something your roommate does bothers you.
- Forget that school should be your #1 priority.
- Study the night before a huge exam or test.