On October 25 to the 27 is Family Weekend and it’s just around the corner. Incoming freshman, this is the event where your family is welcomed to Benedictine University. It’s a time to spend with your family on campus and participate in the many different events that will be taking place on each day. Schedule is posted below.
Friday October 25, 2013
- NIGHT AT THE NEST= Kickoff for the Men’s and Women’s basketball games. Games, prizes, and many cash giveaways will be presents. It is help in the Dan and Ada Rice Center and it starts at 8:00pm.
Saturday October 26, 2013
- PARENT ASSOCIATION MEETING= Hosted on the 2nd floor of Krasa at 11:00am
- TAILGATING WITH THE EAGLE CLUB= Will be hosted in Neuzil Parking Lot at 12:00pm
- FOOTBALL VS. WISCONSIN LUTHERAN COLLEGE= It will be at 1:00pm at the Village of Lisle-Benedictine University Sports Complex. And tickets can be purchase at the gates.
- TOUR OF THE FR. MICHAEL KOMECHAK, O.S.B, ART GALLERY= Hosted on the 5th floor of Kindlon at 1:30pm
- TOUR THE JURICA-SUCHY MUSEUM= On the 2nd floor of Birck Hall at 2:00pm
- MAKING YOUR OWN TAFFY APPLE AND ENJOY A DRINK OF APPLE CIDER IN COAL BEN= Will be held in Coal Ben from 2:00-3:00pm
- FAMILY WEEKEND CARNIVAL= Going to be held in the Quad at 3:30pm, but can be held also in the Dan and Ada Rice Center in case of any weather issues
- MEN’S SOCCER VS. MARIAN UNIVERSITY= at the Sports Complex at 5:00pm
- FAMILY DINNER AND ENTERTAINMENT IN KRASA DINING ROOM= Will start at 8:00pm in the Krasa Dining Room. To get in it’s $8 per person, but children under the age of 8 are able to eat free
- WOMEN’S SOCCER VS. MARIAN UNIVERSITY= Will be held at the Sports Complex at 7:30pm
Sunday October 27, 2013
- CINDY CEBRZYNISK MEMORIAL 5K FUN RUN/WALK= All the proceeds go to the Cindy Cebrzynski Memorial Endowed Scholarship, it’s coordinated by the College of Science Students and Track and Field and Cross Country teams. Registration will start at 8:00am, the 5k Fun Run/Walk starts at 9:00am, a $25 donation includes a free T-shirt and an entry into the race. To RSVP come to the Coal Ben.
- CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST= This is all for the spectators and racers which is at 8:30am to 10:30am and RSVP is required which will be held at Coal Ben.
- MASS AT ST. PROCOPIUS ABBEL= will be held across the campus, at 5601 College Road from 11:00am to 12:00pm.
Calling all Benedictine families, please try to attend this great event and get to know our Benedictine University family. Don’t forget!! 🙂