A lot of people have anxiety right before a test. Having anxiety can greatly affect your test scores. So allowing yourself to relax right before a test can increase your scores and hopefully boost up your grade! There are many things you can do before a test to get rid of anxiety:
- Take a nap. I know some people who sleep right before an exam and they believe they can concentrate better. Just make sure that you wake up on time.
- Chew Gum! There have been psychology studies that showed that people who chew gum before and during an exam can concentrate better and are able to memorize things on a greater level.
- Don’t study at the last minute because this allows you to forget more things.
- Pace yourself when taking a test. If you rush yourself then it’s possible that you might end up skipping questions and not even know about it.
- Take a walk. If you get fresh air it’s an easy way to relax yourself and enjoy the great outdoors!
- Go the gym. Going to the gym relieves stress and anxiety.
- Get to your designated testing area early. If you go early, you don’t have to worry about being late to your exam.
- Take a warm shower
- Eat a snack before your exam. If you take an exam with an empty stomach you won’t be focused on your exam, instead you’d be focused on how hungry you are.
- Lastly, take a deep breath before your exam and think positive thoughts.
Overall, stay positive and do great!