It’s almost the end of the second semester and now seniors in high school are stressing about what college they need to pick . When narrowing your choices down to what college you will be attending, you always want to make a choice that suits you the best. Here are a few tips on what to look for when you make your college selection.
- Look for a college that has a great location, whether you want to be close or away from home!
- Always visit a campus before making your choice. Looking at a campus in person can always change your perspective.
- If your in a sport, make sure you can have a connection with the schools coach and other teammates.
- When giving a tour look inside classrooms to see how the environment might be like.
- Look for a school that meets your financial needs.
- Look for a school that has a good program or other accommodations for your major (i.e. Radiation Therapy at Benedictine University!).
- Find a college that is easy on your schedule! Make sure that your classes aren’t too far from one another.
- See what extracurricular activities there are such as, clubs or organizations that might interest you.
- If planning to live on campus, see if you like the dorms.
- Safety-always look for colleges that are safe and ensure security.
Make a good choice when you narrow down what college you want to go to. Choosing the right college can influence the rest of your future.