Halloween is the best time to dress up, no judgement and no questions asked. So of course some of our Benedictine students took advantage and decided to dress up in their nerdiest, cutest, and adventurist costumes! Here are some pictures I took, just walking through the library.
Just because its a costume does not mean it has to cost you a lot of money, most of the costumes students wore were completly home made! With just a few accessories you can turn simple items a from your wardrobe into a great costume to wear on Halloween to classes, to go Trick or Treating, or to a Costume Party.
You don’t have to be a nerd to play the part!
What you’ll need:
- Button up shirt (preferably with a pocket) or maybe an action hero/figure tshirt
- Dress Pants/dressy black shorts
- fake Glasses (or real ones, if you really do wear glasses
Now just put it all together!
To make it look even better put some white tape on your bridge of your glasses and wear your pants at a higher waist line. Girls: try putting your hair in pig tails. Guys: try to gel your hair in a slick comb-over
Your nerd look is complete!
Animal Ears are great because you can dress them up and look ferocious or simplify your look with just the ears!
Heres what you’ll need if you want to dress up your look! — Cat look
- Some Cat/Animal Ears
- A black dress ( or you can get an H&M Cheetah print for $18.99)
- Ladies Make is going to be a great accessory for you! A bold smokey eye with MAC “all that glitters” eye shadow and a dark brown or black would go great with this outfit! of course you are going to want to use eye liner to do a triangle shaped nose and some whiskers!
To add to your look wear some some black pumps or some tall black boots!
If you feel like you don’t really want to dress up easy costume ideas:
Girls: Librarian, a Fairy, Minnie Mouse, School girl, Cleopatra!
Guys: Old Man, Werewolf!