Here’s a song written by Young, George Redburn/Vanda, Harry called “Friday On My Mind” so cheer up ya’ll, it’s FRIDAY!
Monday morning feels so bad
Everybody seems to nag me
Comin’ Tuesday I’ll feel better
Even my old man looks good
Wednesday just won’t go
Thursday goes too slow
I’ve got Friday on my mind
I’m gonna have fun in my city
I’ll be with my girl, she’s so pretty
She looks fine tonight
She is out of sight to me
Tonight, I’ll paint my friend
Tonight, I’ll lose my head
Tonight, I’ve got to get tonight
Monday, I have Friday on my mind!
Since winter seams to still be in full effect here in the Midwest, winter fashion trends are still on the rise. There’s no better time than winter to show off scarves, sweaters, layers and winter boots. If one word could sum up this winter it would be that it has been BRUTAL! People are looking for winter fashion that offers a mix of comfort, style, practicality and cost. Staying warm while looking FABULOUS has never been easier!With knowledge of what works and a little creativity anyone can beat this long, cold winter.
- BOOTS, I repeat, BOOTS! No matter if you are a guy or girl, winter boots are the way to go this season. They offer great protection from the massive amounts of snow while keeping all the little piggy’s warm! Winter boots range in styles and you can find them for any price at just about every store. Thigh high, above the knee, ankle, combat..the list goes on. Winter boots takes any look to the next level. You can cuff your pants to right above the boot, drape them over, tuck them in or wear leggings-which most girls do.
- Sweater: Like the song says, its sweater weather! We’re not talking about your run of the mill grandma sweaters people. Brands are really embracing the sweater trend. You can find a sweater with many patterns, in different colors and styles. The range in sweaters vary with both guys and girls.From chunky to fuzzy, knitted to cashmere and over sized, your options on sweaters are limitless. You can either wear a sweater over a regular T, or dress it up with a button-downed shirt and/or bowtie/tie. This look lets you stay warm and cozy while remaining office appropriate.
- Scarves! These are something that never seam to go out of style. With the cold winter months we’ve seen this year scarves have been more than helpful. They keep your neck and face warm and protected from the elements while still being able to be stylish. Like sweaters, the material and style of scarfs you can choose are limitless. With it being so cold you would want to go for something that was a lot thicker. Infinity scarves are very popular among wearers. You can wear them with just about anything and add depth to your outfit.
- LAYERS, LAYERS, LAYERS!! With it being so cold, layers will soon become your bestfriend. There are SO many options when it comes to layering. Adding layers does not necessarily mean you have to look ridiculous walking out of the house. Adding an over sized cardigan to a simple T, or dress shirt on top of wearing an infinity scarf screams winter!! There is literally no limit as to what you are able to do with layers. And the best part is, if you get too hot or too cold you can always add or take away more. I’d say that’s a win-win for everyone.
The fashion choices of the winter are still in full effect and no time is better than now to take advantage of the many fashion possibilities that you can take. So go out there and try something new. Add a pop of color, try on layers, tuck your boots and go out and buy a knitted sweater. Chances are you’ll get noticed and complimented on your great sense of winter fashion. Becoming comfortable in your own skin allows you to go out and try new things in your wardrobe!! Happy shopping
I think one of the most important keys to being successful in college is having good time management. In other words DO NOT procrastinate! It is so much different than high school because in college you have about half of the class time as in high school, but double the homework if not more. In my experience of being a science major, I have homework every night. It is important to stay on top of everything so you don’t have to have “all nighters.” The hardest part about not procrastinating is coming to reality that teachers expect you to be working on their homework or studying for their class more than just the day before the work is due or the test. By not procrastinating you will feel less stressed and you will have more free time when it actually comes to weekends because you won’t have a ton of homework or studying to cram into that Sunday night before everything is due. Everyone procrastinates but I think one of the keys to success in college is to not procrastinate and be very organized with your homework.
Bored of all the same foods at Krasa!? Well there is a solution for you! Here are some secret tips that can spice up your food options:
- Use the salad bar to your advantage by adding goodies such as crotons and cheese to your soup
- If there are cookies or brownies, put it in a bowl and add some ice cream to it
- When ordering a sandwich get it toasted, makes a difference!
- Mixing cereals
- If bananas are available use the chocolate sauce or you can have a peanut butter (toasted) and banana sandwich
- Use the cereal as a topping for your yogurt or ice cream
- Use the cappuccino to make iced coffees
- Make a fruit salad out of the fruit provided that day
- Use the tuna from the sandwich bar to make a tuna salad
- If there is chicken, cut it up to make a chicken salad
Be creative and try to change it up for a good and yummy meal!
Are you sitting in your room, staring at the walls, bored out of your mind?
You’re not alone!
When Boredom strikes it tends to not only make its victims miserable and restless but it causes us to be unable to think of anything to relieve it.
If you ever find yourself in boredom’s death-grip just follow theses simple steps:
- Take a deep breath
- And keep on reading
When I’m bored and I’m trying to figure out something I can do by myself or with my friends, sometimes my mind goes blank. I throw my hands up in the air in exasperation and groan before declaring that there is absolutely nothing to do. To save you from this same fate this list has been created.
Brought to you from the depths of a mind tortured by boredom comes this life saving list!(Please be advised: these ideas can be adapted and improved, I am not at fault for any injuries/problems that are caused by these ideas no lifeguard on duty so swim at your own risk mandate, if using these ideas please follow all Benedictine University rules, and be considerate of others)
- Gather a couple of your friends together and go on a scavenger hunt through the dorm. (Just be considerate of the other students who might be studying or napping)
- Play on the Wii by yourself or with friends (Challenge your friends to a sports competition or have a tournament with your favorite game)
- Get some friends together and play a card game: Apples to Apples, speed ( have an epic tournament), Kings corner, garbage, spoons, Rummy, or even go fish.
- Have a movie marathon in your room-make it realistic: dim the lights and pop some popcorn
- Have any books you’ve been meaning to read? Now’s the perfect time to start them
- Or gasp! The dreaded homework! You can start on it now and get it out of the way so on the days you would normally be cramming you can enjoy the day and do something else on this list
- You could also take the extra time you have and use it to organize your room.
- If you’re feeling nice take sticky notes and write little notes on them and stick them on the doors of your friend’s room. If you’re feeling especially nice write notes and stick them on doors of people you don’t know.
Don’t want to stay in your room but can’t think of anything fun to do?
- Have a campus wide scavenger hunt
- Go and see a movie-Ogden movie theater is only a short drive away
- Go bowling with friends Lisle Lanes (4920 Lincoln Ave. Lisle) and Brunswick Zone (1555 E. 75th street, Woodridge)
- Just take a walk around campus. Look around, smell the proverbial roses.
- Go to the Rice and Ada center and workout-get your blood flowing!
- Explore the campus buildings. Go somewhere you haven’t seen yet.
- Check out the Jurica-Suchy Nature Museum or the Art Gallery.
- Go over to Coal Ben with some friends and try to start a dancing competition or just well…eat good food.
You can also check your Office 365 email for your “This Week at BenU” email and see whats happening around campus. Go see a game, basketball, lacrosse, etc. See if there are any bake sales or fun events and go check them out. Try something new.
I hope I’ve at least given you a start off point for ideas of things to do. Twist them around, change them up, or make them into what you want.
Stay safe and have fun!